When Selling a Home
If you are thinking of selling your home, chances are you will get caught up in a roller coaster of emotions and questions. I am here to help you whether you are moving up to a new home, across town or to moving across the country. I am here to help you every step of the way! You can call, email or text me today!
Steps for a successful Listing Price
- Our first step is to set an appointment for me to view your home with you and to identify anything we need to address to get the home ready to sell.
- When setting the list price for your home, you should be aware of a potential buyer’s frame of mind. To do this we will determine the price based on a list of homes for sale in your neighborhood or surrounding area. This is called a CMA or Competitive Market Analysis. It is Very Important Not to Overprice your home. Buyers and buyer agents are savvy and will do their homework prior to making an offer.
- Once we determine a fair market listing price we will set a second appointment for us to meet and go over your paperwork and list the property for sale. This will give you the time you need to finish any projects that need to be done prior to listing.
- The next step is to begin Marketing your home for sale. Once your home is placed in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) it will populate to over 30 different search engines and Real Estate Related websites! It is important that all your information is correct.
- Setting up your appointments
Many Real Estate Companies use call centers to notify and set up the showings. This is to assure you that the person calling for the appointment is a licensed Real Estate agent and to be sure the time is convenient for you to have people view your home.
- Home Warranties
A good buyer’s agent will ask for a 1 year home warranty to be given to the buyer at closing. This is paid for either in advance with seller coverage or at the closing by the seller for the new owner only. I can recommend several quality companies to you. This is a negotiable item that can help you sell your home.
- Pre Home Inspection
If you want to offer as much peace of mind to the new owners as you can, ask me about having your home professionally inspected by a professional home inspector. I have relationships with some of Middle Tennessee’s most qualified home inspectors. This will help sell your home for the most money. Buyers appreciate a home in quality condition.
- Staging your home
This can be the best tool you have. When a buyer views your home they want to imagine themselves living there. When they arrive, having the home and yard clean and manicured is what they want to see. Professional staging is available and their services vary as well as the prices to do this. If you just need a little help with rearranging things let me help you. This is part of what I do. I will help you decide if this is something you and I can do together or if we need the help of an expert.
The best thing to do is to leave your home just as you would any day. Go to town and when you come back look at your home with the eyes of a potential buyer. When you dive into your yard take a good look at the outside of your home. Are there things that need to be changed, gotten rid of, peeling paint or dirty sidewalks and siding? What about the yard? Things like this and simple lawn maintenance can make or break a sale. Come into your home and look around. Does it need painting, decluttering and things like that? The more open and clean and fresh the house is, the more likely you will receive the offer you wanted.
I will help you every step of the way. From contract to close we will work together.